Search This Blog
I am a Writer| Author| Poet| Filmmaker| VO Artist| Data Analyst and a Lover. I love to weave words. I love to take people's imaginations to places where their bodies may never reach; call it "wordgasm". The type of words you read and have silly smile lingering on your lips. Words that take you higher and light fire in between your thighs and make you wish your lover was close by.
Featured
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
NEW YEAR, OLD YOU? REPLACE YOUR RESOLUTIONS WITH THIS.
Over the years we have been taught in church and by motivational speakers to set goals for the coming year, which is popularly known as New Year’s resolution. I don’t know about you but I mostly ditch mine by the second week of January and I sometimes feel like a failure for not following through with the list of plans that promised to turn my life around. So over the years, I came up with something that works for me which I have code named, ‘THE POWER OF ONE’. It's said that you can’t consistently indulge in the same things and expect different results. Here’s what THE POWER OF ONE is about;
ASSESS YOUR LIFE ; Examine your life over the past 3 years, take inventory and see if you're stagnant or growing.
ACCOUNTABILITY ; Ask yourself on a daily basis, what one thing you have done to contribute to achieving your overall goal. Consistency, not intensity, is the key. That's how you consciously evolve and become.
APPLY BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES; When it comes to the Bible (Or your Holy Book), in addition to your devotion (that is if you're big on it), look for specific Bible verses that apply to your situation and meditate on it day and night. Doing cover to cover Bible reading for the year, for me, doesn't really help in tackling specific problems you might be facing. That's too generic. Cast your mind back to the times you have indulge in that (that is if you have) year out year in, do you see any great impact? The Reason your Christian life might not be yielding much fruit might be because you have not tailor made your Christian walk to suit your specific situation. People pleasing and following the crowd doesn’t work.
ACCELERATE; Every season in your life, must come with different messages for you. If you're still listening to the same messages, same themes for years, you're not growing. Even sometimes the preachers and people you listen to must change in order to accelerate. Take inventory of your life, and make the necessary changes. Your prayer life is good, you have faith, but can we say same about your works? God is not coming to rescue you so you better put your hands to the plough and make things happen for you. If you want to achieve greatness, living on autopilot doesn’t cut it.
This is what works for me, you’re free to pick those you believe might be good for you. Let me know in the comments what has worked for you throughout the years.


Comments
Post a Comment